Skip navigation

Requests must be in writing and include your name and contact details

If you are unable to locate the information you require on the HCPC website you can submit an FOI request for it. Requests must be in writing and include your name and contact details. Requests can be made by email to or by post to:

Information Governance
Park House, 184 Kennington Park Road
London, SE11 4BU

We aim to respond to requests promptly and within the statutory FOIA time limit (20 working days starting the day after a valid request is received). 

Some information is exempt from disclosure under FOIA. Although the HCPC seeks to disclose as much information as possible, we will use relevant exemptions when we consider this is appropriate.


We aim to provide information in an electronic form free of charge wherever possible. However, we will charge for information in some circumstances, such as where only paper records exist and photocopying or postage costs in excess of £10 will be incurred in providing the information. More detail on charges can be found in the FOIA Policy.

Personal data

You cannot make a FOI request for your own personal data. If you want to access your personal data this will be treated as a ‘subject access request’ made under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). More information on subject access requests can be found in our Data Protection Policy.

The HCPC must protect personal data in accordance with the GDPR. If you are requesting information which forms the personal data of another individual, the HCPC will need to carefully consider its obligations under the GDPR before disclosing any personal data in response to that request.

We aim to respond to requests promptly and within the statutory GDPR time limit.


If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the HCPC you can request an internal review. An internal review must be requested within 40 working days of the date of the HCPC's response to your FOI request.

Requests for internal reviews can be submitted by email or by post to

Park House, 184 Kennington Park Road
London, SE11 4BU

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of an internal review or with the HCPC’s handling of your request you can contact the ICO to request that they look into your concerns. The contact details for the Information Commissioner are:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Tel: 0303 123 1113

Page updated on: 10/07/2018